Monday, July 17, 2017

Progress Made, Art

If you read, "Who Am I?" over to the side there, you know that I'm an artist. I'm multi-discipline which just means I use many varied mediums to achieve my artistic goals. Recently, during recovery from surgery, I started working again after a long hiatus by illustrating a coloring book for adults which will be the first in a four book series based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carol. The process has been therapeutic for me and the medium of pen and ink is so portable. I could work anywhere and I did, from my bed to the doctor's waiting room. I'm hoping to publish the first book within the next two weeks. I've already created a new website, ginnypearlsandeelkinsart.com. I know, the name is long and complicated but the Ginny Pearl part is in honor of my late mother and the Sande Elkins, art part is so long time patrons will not be confused by the new name. So, I'll post a few examples of the art in the book as well as a capture of the new web page. I have to admit, I'm like a new mom, I'm very fond and proud of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Window Shopping

I'll admit it, I never have been a shopaholic. At least not until the internet made it possible to shop in your pajamas from the comfor...